Pedram's stream of consciousness

Friday, January 27, 2006

Sleepless in San Carlos

Again!

Last night was the worst ever. After 2 consecutive nights of light sleep, I was determined to get in 8 hours of Zzzzzzs. Last night I made myself a bloody Mary to help with the effort which only succeeded at inebriating me for a few hours. Around 11 I started to sleep just to wake up at 2am with a sore back because I fell asleep on the couch, thankfully Rah put a warm blanket on me so I wouldn't freeze. So it is 2am and am wide awake with no clue how to fall asleep. First I grab the new issue of Wired magazine and read it on my thrown until both my feet fall asleep. Now I am faced with the dilemma of where to read. I can't read downstairs because it is freezing cold and I can't read in the bedroom because Rah is alseep so what do I do?.... What do I do is right, I just sat on the edge of the sink for an half an hour and read about new gizmos, how some VCs are looking for gold in the dot.com bust, and how Lego was collaborating with some of it's most creative customers to revamp mindstorm. Then I read this cool article about the Dali Lama, meditation, and the brain; It was great and inspired me to go down stairs and meditate. That lasted for 5 minutes until my neck and back started to hurt and goosebumps started to grow on my chest like a field of mushrooms. Here I am at work feeling like crizzap and trying to get my head on straight so I can tackle the massive list of things I need to get done today.

3 Comments:

  • You know, I haven't been sleeping all that well lately, either. I think it's because my left arm still hurts so I toss and turn until it doesn't. Then it starts hurting again and I have to find another position for it.

    I think that this may help you sleep, let me know if it works:
    Link

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:16 AM  

  • Thanks Dave, when I saw the sheep I feel asleep and knocked my head on the coffee table. Now I'm in the hostipal with a fat lip :-)

    By Blogger Pedram Keyani, at 3:46 PM  

  • I have a European History textbook from high school. Reading about wars makes me fall asleep quite reliably.

    May I recommend...

    By Blogger gleemie, at 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home