Pedram's stream of consciousness

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Emotions


When I see the love of my life, I feel an intense feeling of happiness! When I see a bag of M&Ms I also feel an intense feeling, could it be described as happiness?

Since emotions are just chemical responses to our perceived reality, how do we differentiate the value of each type of emotion? If one is to argue that the value of my love for another person is greater than my love of M&Ms, what would be the basis of their argument? At a chemical level, they probably differ by a few molecules..... In fact, it may turn out that the chemicals involved in my love for M&Ms are more rare than other kinds of love and thus my love of M&Ms should be valued above all other emotions I can feel.

1 Comments:

  • The difference is that Rah can kick you out of the house but M&M's can't.

    By Blogger Emily, at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home