Pedram's stream of consciousness

Friday, September 09, 2005

Natural cycles

Once young, now old; once shiny, now dull; once strong, now weak.... I keep thinking more and more about how nothing is constant. In fact, the only thing that stays constant is the fact that only one thing stays constant. Our sun will one day burn out, expand to consume our solar system (btw, at that point it wont be called a solar system), and then collapse on itself to create a super dense near-black hole.

The reason I started thinking about this recently was because I saw an HP(Hewlett Packard) building recently and started to think about the day when the two founders started this new innovative company that pushed technology into our daily lives. Now it is an old slow company that is about as innovative as a rock.

But there is another side of things, our sun which will eventually expand and collapse will eventually compress itself into a brand new sun one day. Even humans; we are born, we live life, and one day we eventually die. Is that sad, well not really since your body eventually gets recycled into the world and becomes parts of plants, animals, and other people.

Culture and media sees this same cycle where a concept is at first new, then old, then obsolete, and then a bunch of dumb kids in 2056 will start wearing nylon shirts and disco dancing to gangsta rap.

2 Comments:

  • I was cleaning out my old drafts and couldn't tell if I posted this one earlier but here it is... kinda half-baked but then again, what isn't.

    By Blogger Pedram Keyani, at 6:54 PM  

  • Good thing you clarified, because I thought I read that somewhere before. I thought either you were losing it or that I was. What's up with recycling old material?

    By Blogger Emily, at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home